Hemorrhoids can be painful and cause a lot of discomfort. Also known as piles, hemorrhoids are swollen veins in the anus and lower rectum, similar to varicose veins. With Doctor Butler’s, leave the pain behind without knocking at the doctor’s door. We have a wide range and of products that are bio-enhanced with organic herbs, minerals, and amino acids to treat your piles. Our physicians approved and developed hemorrhoid relief ointments make sure you get optimal hemorrhoid relief at home.
Who are we? We’re Doctor Butler’s, experts in down-there care of hemorrhoids and related conditions. We make proctologist-developed hemorrhoid ointments and complementary products to help you quickly leave the pain behind. Dr. Robert Cutler medically reviews all of the information here.
Advanced Protection Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment$34.95
“Best Help Ever! This product is better than the prescription my doctor gave. I’m sticking with what works.”Verified Reviewer
Table of Contents
- Understanding Hemorrhoids
- Hemorrhoid symptoms usually depend on their location on the body
- What does rectal bleeding indicate?
- Symptoms That Prove You Have Hemorrhoids Or Piles
- Magical Home Remedies to Treat Hemorrhoids: Hemorrhoid Relief at Home
- Sitz baths
- Apple cider vinegar
- Aloe vera
- Tea tree oil
- Epsom salts and glycerin
- Psyllium Husk
- Witch hazel
- Why Doctor Butler’s?
- Do I need to consult a doctor?
Hemorrhoids occur in small clusters of veins near the mucous membranes of the anus and lower rectum. Also known as piles, hemorrhoids are enlarged veins in your rectum and anus, basically when the veins become swollen or irritated. In many cases, they do not show any symptoms initially, but some might feel itching, burning, bleeding, and discomfort, especially while sitting down. Worry not, these are not fatal, but yes they can be extremely painful and sometimes need to be lanced and drained.
Hemorrhoid symptoms usually depend on their location on the body
- Internal hemorrhoids: As the name suggests, these lie inside the rectum. You usually can’t see or feel these hemorrhoids, and they rarely cause discomfort. However, regular straining or irritation while bowel movement can deteriorate the surface of hemorrhoids, causing it to bleed. Meanwhile, it can lead to an anal opening, and this condition is known as a protruding or prolapsed hemorrhoid and can cause severe pain and irritation.
- External Hemorrhoids. These are under the skin around your anus. When irritated, external hemorrhoids can cause bleeding, cracking, and itching. You might feel or see a lump around the anus. The clot usually dissolves, leaving excess skin, which may itch or become irritated.
- Thrombosed Hemorrhoids. Both internal and external hemorrhoids can become thrombosed hemorrhoids. It is caused by a clot (or “thrombus”) in one or more of the small veins in the anal skin that can result in severe pain, swelling, inflammation and a hard lump near your anus.
What does rectal bleeding indicate?
There can be many reasons for rectal bleeding. Therefore, it is vital to determine the real condition before you start with the Hemorrhoid relief at home. The common causes of rectal bleeding from the colon include:
- Anal Fissure
- Colon Cancer and Polyps
- Colonic Polyp Removal
- Meckel’s Diverticulum
Symptoms That Prove You Have Hemorrhoids Or Piles
At Doctor Butler’s, we care about your health by providing hemorrhoid cream, wipes, and ointments. If you see any of the symptoms that are mentioned below, then we are the right choice to start with your Hemorrhoid relief at home.
- Painless bleeding during bowel movements. A person might experience small amounts of bright or dark red blood in their toilet tissue or in the toilet while passing stools.
- Itching, discomfort, or irritation in your anal area.
- Swelling around your anus
- A lump near your anus, which may be sensitive or painful (maybe a thrombosed hemorrhoid)
- Changes in stool consistency or color
- Changes in bowel movement habits
- Weight loss
- Anal pain
- Abdominal pain
- Nausea or vomiting
Magical Home Remedies to Treat Hemorrhoids: Hemorrhoid Relief at Home
Hemorrhoids can be treated at home in the first three weeks you notice symptoms. Even doctors recommend the remedies given below to treat piles effectively.
This is one of the best treatments for hemorrhoid relief at home. You can easily find a sitz bath device from a local pharmacy. The best thing about it is that sitz baths easily fit the toilet and gives the user a convenient way to soak his body and sooth the inflamed area. People who have severe hemorrhoids or the painful kind should soak the area for at least 15 minutes several times a day, especially after a bowel movement.
Apple cider vinegar
Many people have experienced benefits from using apple cider vinegar for bringing instant relief to hemorrhoids by reducing itching and pain. However, you should use it cautiously as overuse can burn the skin.
For ages, Aloe vera has been used for its rejuvenating and healing properties. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that alleviate extreme pain while boosting the healing tissue of the body. Although there are no scientific or medical explanations behind the use of aloe vera as the treatment. However, it has shown some benefit for other inflammatory skin conditions and is very safe to try its pure form. Do not use any alternate cream along with it.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that have shown life-saving benefits during hemorrhoids. It reduces swelling and itching caused by hemorrhoids. Meanwhile, there have been researches that some gel made with tea tree oil decreases symptoms of piles.
Epsom salts and glycerin
Very few people know this homemade mixture, but it has proven results. Even the doctors recommend using this mixture. Below we have mentioned the simplest way to use this mixture to apply directly over the inflamed area:
- Blend 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts with two tablespoons of glycerin.
- Apply the mixture to a gauze pad and place it on the painful area.
- Leave the blend on the area for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat every four to six hours until the pain eases.
Psyllium husk is an effective supplement that helps the body to boost the fiber intake in the body and hence provides ease in bowel movement. However, you should not increase the dosage of it as it may also result in gas or stomach cramping. Doctors recommend using this regularly along with plenty of water. It won’t affect hemorrhoids at a local level, but it does regulate your bowels.
When it comes to reducing pain and itching, witch hazel is the answer of many people. It also helps in reducing bleeding until hemorrhoids fade out. Although there are no scientific theories to use it, its constituents like tannins and oils, helps in bringing down inflammation and slowing down bleeding while tightening the skin.
Why Doctor Butler’s?
The difference between Doctor Butler’s and other brands is that our customers report sustained healing using our products verses a more temporary reduction of symptoms with other treatments. This is because Doctor Butler’s combines potent herbs, minerals and amino acids with a vasoconstrictor (as well as the most potent topical anesthetic available either by prescription or over the counter). No other product in the market is similar or is as effective for an overwhelming majority of the people. In fact, we have a patent on it! Our product:
- Helps to instantly relieve pain, itching and burning associated with hemorrhoids and anal fissures
- Protects and soothes irritations associated with hemorrhoids and anal fissures
- Reduces swelling associated with hemorrhoids and anal fissures
- Stops bleeding associated with hemorrhoids and anal fissures
- Simplifies personal hygiene and cleanliness
- Resolves symptoms as effective as a prescription
- Is colorless and odorless
Do I need to consult a doctor?
If you are noticing blood, then you should visit a doctor. This can be a sign of something more serious, such as colorectal cancer instead of hemorrhoid. Doctors will examine the area for external hemorrhoids or insert a gloved finger to check for internal hemorrhoids. Meanwhile, if you try the above home remedies and methods and see no resolution to your symptoms after three weeks, then you also should consult the doctor.