Epsom Salt for Hemorrhoids
A Natural Hemorrhoid Treatment We Can Get Behind
Bath time becomes self-care time with Soothing Bath Salts. Infused with essential oils, our bath salts relieve both body discomfort and stress.
- Relieve Swelling and Burning: Sitz baths get a boost with a bath salt formula that calms your hemorrhoid flareups.
- Soothe Postpartum Perineum: Mom’s “me time” is healing time, too! Slip into a relaxing bath that comforts perineal soreness.
Relax Sore and Tired Muscles: Nothing relieves an achy body quite like a soak in the tub. Soothing Bath salts tend to all those muscle groups at once.
Epsom Salt Bath – The Soothing Home Remedy for Hemorrhoids
One of the most common treatments for hemorrhoids is a warm bath (also called a Sitz bath). Warm water surrounds the affected area to provide overall relief for swelling, itching, and burning symptoms of hemorrhoid flareups.
Epsom salt for hemorrhoids enhances the healing benefits of Sitz bath treatment.
Sitz Bath Soaks and Salts Are Also Helpful for Postpartum Care
Doctor Butler’s products are developed by an experienced physician who understands postpartum issues. Several of our products support new moms with childbirth recovery.
How you care for your body determines how well you recover. We offer products specially-designed to treat either hemorrhoids or injured perineum that are among those postpartum recovery issues.
Doctor Butler’s Soothing Epsom Salts helps with both hemorrhoids and perineal healing at the same time.
A Blended Mixture of Peppermint and Eucalyptus
Epsom Salt Soaks Help You De-Stress
The scent of peppermint and eucalyptus is both pleasant and invigorating, but essential oils do more than just smell good. With each of these oils having such a potent fragrance, it’s no wonder that they also offer healing power.
Peppermint and eucalyptus oils work together to deliver anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, analgesic (pain relief), and anti-stress benefits.
The peppermint and eucalyptus aroma reduces your stress as the essential oil’s healing properties go to work on inflammation, pain, and discomfort while cleansing the area of harmful bacteria.
Adding our Epsom salts to your bath works on all of your sore muscles as the fragrant essential oils relax your mind.
End your stressful day (or week) with a rejuvenating soak in the tub. You deserve it!
How to Make an Epsom Salt Bath for Hemorrhoids
A Sitz bath is a warm bath for hemorrhoids. While optional, soaking in Epsom salts for hemorrhoids boosts the therapeutic benefits of the Sitz bath treatment.
Making a Sitz bath with Epsom salts is simple and easy. This works with either a bathtub or a Sitz bath device.
- For bathtubs – Empty one cup of Soothing Bath Salts with the stream of running warm water. Warm water is better than hot because inflamed hemorrhoid tissue is tender and sensitive. Fill about 4-5 inches.
- For a Sitz bath device – Mix a half cup of Soothing Bath salts into running warm water. Use just enough water to dip into without the basin overflowing.
- Lower your backside into the bathwater mixture for 20 minutes to receive the full benefit of the Epsom salt soak for hemorrhoids.
- Once soaking is complete, rinse off with warm water (without salts), especially the anal area.
- When you dry off, pat dry the anal area to avoid irritation.
When possible, have a Sitz bath after every bowel movement. Epsom salt for hemorrhoids isn’t required for a Sitz bath, but adding Soothing Bath Salts enhances the healing benefits of this treatment.
Why does Epsom Salt Help Hemorrhoids?
When enriched Epsom salts combine with the bathwater, you get even more relief from your soak time.
The healing agents contained in Epsom salts work with the warm water to alleviate hemorrhoid discomfort.
The Epsom salt for hemorrhoids remedy does two things. First, it reduces inflammation to manage hemorrhoid flareups.
Additionally, Epsom salt baths are known to relieve constipation. Constipation is one factor that leads to flareups, so Epsom salts also provide a preventative benefit.
Does Soaking in Warm Water Help Hemorrhoids?
Warm water relaxes the sphincter, cleanses the affected area, and calms hemorrhoid flareups.
Compared to cold water, warm water does a better job of dissolving healing Epsom salt for hemorrhoids.
Some may prefer to take hot baths but keep in mind that hot water may cause further irritation to this sensitive area.
Do I Need a Sitz Bath to Use the Epsom Salt Bath Soak?
The Sitz bath device is designed for you to dip just your bottom into for hemorrhoid flareup treatment.
While a Sitz bath makes it easier to do a hemorrhoid treatment, you can use other similar objects (as long as it’s kept sanitary) to have a Sitz bath in.
Some prefer to have a Sitz bath device on hand because they need to soak the area several times per day. It’s more convenient than filling a bathtub.
Whether you use the Sitz bath device or a tub, Epsom salts work well for hemorrhoid soaking treatments.
How Do You Make an Epsom Salt Compress?
An Epsom salt compress is how you get the benefit of an Epsom salt bath without covering your entire bottom with water.
This method is quicker and easier when you don’t have time to do a Sitz bath treatment. You’ll need a large clean container, warm water, Epsom salts for hemorrhoids, a clean washcloth, and a dry towel.
- Fill a clean container with half a gallon of warm water.
- Stir in one cup of Soothing Epsom Salts until fully dissolved.
- Take a clean washcloth and dunk the cloth into the mixture. Wring out the excess water from the washcloth.
- Form the washcloth into a compress and apply it to the affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- Pat the area dry.
- Dispose of unused water, and launder the washcloth. Use a clean washcloth for each treatment.
Epsom Salt for Hemorrhoids FAQ
While Epsom salt is used in many households, some have never used them for hemorrhoids before.
Here are some common questions we’ve heard about Epsom salts for hemorrhoids.
Doctor Butler’s Soothing Bath Salts are backed by a full guarantee. We want our Epsom salt to be the right one for your situation.
We understand the frustration of trying new products only for each to fall short of expectations, especially when you’ve been living with acute discomfort for so long.
Because of the hesitation that comes from past experiences, we gladly offer a full refund if – for any reason – you are not completely satisfied.