You should not accept anything but the best advice when it comes to hemorrhoids. You know how painful they can be – and for your own sanity you need to do everything you can to avoid them and cure them when they flare up. These are a few tips if you are struggling with hemorrhoids.
- Apple cider vinegar is a safe and effective way to treat hemorrhoids. Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and apply to the area, leaving it on for several minutes. Do this a few times a day. You can also add apple cider vinegar to a warm sitz bath and soak for 20 minutes.
- If you prefer more natural ingredients for treating your ailments, consider purchasing a salve, ointment, or lotion that contains horse chestnut. This botanical product which is very popular in European countries can be applied directly to external hemorrhoids. Within minutes, the topical solution will shrink the size of the hemorrhoid and offer relief from stinging sensations.
- To get relief from hemorrhoids apply ice to the affected area. Hemorrhoids can be extremely painful. An ice pack can reduce both pain and swelling. Switch between using an ice pack and a warm compress. To be as comfortable as you possibly can, you should alternate applying ice packs on the hemorrhoids, sit in warm water in the bathtub and allow the swelling and pain to reduce.
- To avoid getting hemorrhoids don’t just sit there and worry about it. Read about it constantly. Get up and go do something about it. The positive attitude and movement of not sitting around all the time will increase the health of your body which decreases your chances of getting hemorrhoids. So if you get up to do something about hemorrhoids, it’s a double-whammy. It may sound redundant and even ridiculous but if you think it through, you see that it works.
- Don’t depend on medications. Stimulant laxative drugs such as Bisacodyl tablets are meant to be used on a short-term basis and will not cure constipation. They may help with one bowel movement but you’ll be more constipated later. Side effects may include upset stomach, diarrhea, stomach cramps, faintness and stomach & intestinal irritation.
- You should drink plenty of water daily. Water is an ideal method of preventing hemorrhoids. When you are constipated, one of the primary reasons is dehydration so water can fix it. It also helps to cleanse and detoxify your body. Drink at least ten glasses of water per day.
In conclusion, you need to make sure that what you are getting are the best tips available when it comes to dealing with painful hemorrhoids. You want to avoid the type of pain that is hard to ignore and easy to remember. Use the advice we have given and you should find comfort.